- Apply, practice, re-inforce, expand upon physical exam and treatment techniques taught in the associated didactic module.
- Labs focus on areas of particular difficulty, and include presentation, demonstration treatment and discussion of challenging cases.
- Note: Practicum/Review Labs are open only to participants who have completed the prior associated didactic module: Head, Neck, Thorax.
Head and Central Nervous System Exam
- Cranial nerve exam
- Central nervous system exam
Cervico-thoracic Spine Exam
- Upper extremity reflexes
- Upper sensory motor exam
- Upper extremity motor exam
- Cervical and thoracic spine and tempero-mandibular joint active range-of-motion
Cervico-thoracic Spine Treatment
- Tui na joint mobilization and prolo-acupuncture for cervical subluxations and facet joint dysfunctions
- Trigger needling, gua sha, and manual therapies for trapezius, scalenes, sterno-cleido-mastoid, multifidi, intercostals