Doctoral-level hands-on, webinar and distance-learning modules taught by Anthony Von der Muhll, L.Ac., DAOM, DNBAO.
Classical and modern acupuncture orthopedics, acupuncture sports medicine, and treatment of work-related injuries and chronic neuromuscular pain conditions. Essential referral-building, documentation, report-writing, and risk management for clinical success. Acupuncture Orthopedics Certification at your own pace! See student testimonials.
- Treating the Spine & Extremities with Acupuncture Orthopedics
- Treating the Jing-Jin "Sinew Meridians"/Myofascial Tracts
- Integrative ortho-neuro physical exam
- Myofascial Trigger Point Acupuncture
- Ligamentous prolo-acupuncture for joint stabilization and mobilization
- Neuro-anatomical acupuncture
- 7-star, 3-edged and lancet acupuncture
- Advanced cupping: more than just suction
- Tui na
- Myofasical Gua Sha
- Medical documentation
- Report-writing for HMO, Personal Injury, Work Comp
- Professional ethics and risk management
- And more...
- Orthopedic Acupuncture Techniques at North Carolina Society Conference, April 28-29, 2023
- Live Webinar: Medical Documentation: Essential Best Practices for Better Care, Reimbursement, Referral-building, and Malpractice Defense
- Acupuncture Orthopedics: Case Study & Clinical Mentorship On-line Meeting Thurs 10-27-22, 9-12 PDT (3 PDAs approved)
Interview with Poney Chiang
Qiological Podcast with Michael Max -- Sports Acupuncture Alliance Conference, San Jose, 2018
Interview with Eric Schanke
Upcoming Classes & Events
Classes are modular--take one, or start the Certification Program at any time!
Hands-on classes, live webinars and distance-learning courses provide advanced clinical training and the skills you need to survive and thrive in today's competitive acupuncture and integrative medicine environment!
In just one module, I've learned more than in 13 years of CEU classes combined. It's knowledge I'm able to apply in my practice immediately.
Dadali Ziai, L.Ac.
I have to say the quality of teaching is nothing but superb. I highly recommend people take his course.
Alon Marcus, DOM, L.Ac., DAAPM
The quality, accessibility, and quantity of the information presented in these courses is outstanding. From clinical pearls to an important review of cautions and contraindications, these courses are very useful, even after practicing in this specialty for over 7 years! The material presents a truly integrative approach to orthopedics and sports, orthopedic and pain medicine: western anatomy, bio-mechanics, and pathologies while maintaining a strong focus on traditional Chinese medical theories.
In the past, I've found courses to apply either a TCM or a western orthopedics lens, but Dr. Von der Muhll does a wonderful job of blending the concepts in a way that is practical for patient care, logical for the practitioner, and provides language to discuss findings and treatments with our TCM and western colleagues.
For any practitioner wishing to grow a highly effective and ethical skill set.
Leslie Yedor, L.Ac.
Thanks to the expertise and skills that I developed through training with Anthony Von der Muhll, I landed a direct contract with Kaiser Permanente, which catapulted the success of my business. Because of my training, I was able to provide the highest level of care in terms of physical exam, charting, communicating with physicians, and most importantly, providing results driven treatment, as was expected by Kaiser. The rigorous training and education provided by Anthony proved to have a profound impact on my career and its success. I own 2 acupuncture clinics in Santa Cruz, California specializing in acupuncture orthopedics and pain management. Our business is growing and expanding with the vision in mind of creating employment opportunities for acupuncturists. As part of the hiring process, we require that our acupuncturists complete certain courses with Anthony Von der Muhll, if they have not already done so, to uphold the highest standard of care. We are also more inclined to hire people from the pool of acupuncturists that have trained under Anthony, and especially those that have completed his 2-year certification program in acupuncture orthopedics.
Daniele Uzes D.A.O.M., L.Ac., DMQ
These courses gave me the most complete and useful set of skills I have learned in my 10+ years of eastern medicine education. The material studied and practiced over a weekend-intensive were immediately applicable in clinic the following week, and yielded quick (often immediate) positive outcomes for patients.
Doctor Von der Muhll is a fantastic, well-organized, and adaptive lecturer, and a consummate professional. With clear learning objectives, well explained concepts and ample supervised practice time, he always left room for (and helped foster) a collegial classroom atmosphere while still keeping class focused on track. He models professional scholarly and clinical behavior while still being friendly and approachable.
Clinically relevant, well paced, and paradigm expanding for both newer and more seasoned practitioners, these courses elevate eastern medicine education. Truly a gift to our profession, I could not recommend anything more highly.
Jason P. Salim, L.Ac, MSTCM, DAOM
- Live weekend in-person and webinar modules allow selective, self-paced learning. Start any time!
- Didactic classes regarding the Spine and Extremities are followed by review and practicum labs for enhanced retention and application of material.
- Distance-learning/self-study courses available for select topics.
- On-line Case Study and Mentorship Clinic meetings and interactive E-books and videos, and other training materials offer help with difficult cases and practice management issues, and support on-going self-directed and peer-to-peer learning.
- And the most comprehensive curriculum in acupuncture orthopedics anywhere!
Certification in Integrative Acupuncture Orthopedics
Certification available upon completion of:
- 221 didactic and practical class hours
- 21 Case Study and Clinical Mentorship hours
- Live and written presentation of 1 orthopedic case report that meets STRICTA standards
- Passage of on-line written and practical certification exam