Doctoral-level hands-on and distance-learning modules taught by Anthony Von der Muhll, L.Ac., DAOM, DNBAO.
A unique, integrative approach to acupuncture orthopedics, sports, work-related and chronic pain conditions, and including referral-building, documentation, report-writing, and risk management. Next Acupuncture Orthopedics Certification program starts December 10-12, 2021--register now to reserve your place! See student testimonials.
- Treating the Jing-Jin "Sinew Meridians"/Myofascial Tracts
- Ligamentous prolo-acupuncture for joint stabilization and mobilization
- Myofascial Trigger Point Acupuncture
- Neuro-anatomical acupuncture
- 7-star, 3-edged and lancet acupuncture
- Advanced cupping: more than just suction
- Tui na
- Myofasical Gua Sha
- Integrative ortho-neuro physical exam
- Medical documentation
- Report-writing for HMO, Personal Injury, Work Comp
- Professional ethics and risk management
- And more...
Interview with Eric Schanke
- 1.5 Free CEUs/PDAs: Overview of Acupuncture Orthopedics: Road Maps to Clinical Success November 5, 2021
- Next program cycle begins Dec 10-12, 2021! November 4, 2021
- Bring your Documentation and Report-Writing Up to the Highest Standards! July 31, 2021
- 10% off for CalATMA members! July 13, 2021
- 8 CEUs in Risk Management to help keep your practice safe and sustainable! June 2, 2021
Classes are modular--take one, or start the Certification Program at any time!
Hands-on classes, live webinars and distance-learning courses provide advanced clinical training and the skills you need to survive and thrive in today's competitive acupuncture and integrative medicine environment!
In just one module, I've learned more than in 13 years of CEU classes combined. It's knowledge I'm able to apply in my practice immediately.
Dadali Ziai, L.Ac.
I have to say the quality of teaching is nothing but superb. I highly recommend people take his course.
Alon Marcus, DOM, L.Ac., DAAPM
The quality, accessibility, and quantity of the information presented in these courses is outstanding. Anthony provides a truly integrated approach to orthopedic and pain medicine: western anatomy, bio-mechanics, and pathologies while maintaining a strong focus on traditional Chinese medical theories. For any practitioner wishing to grow a highly effective and ethical skill set.
Leslie Yedor, L.Ac.
Anthony is a highly trained and skilled acupuncturist offering sports injury and orthopedic clinical expertise highlighted by a passion for teaching.
Daniele Uzes, L.Ac.
I can't tell you how much information I use every day from your classes.
Raina Ferran, L.Ac., OMD
My success in my career is due in large part to what I have learned from Mr. Von der Muhll's teaching.
Rose Mulhearn, L.Ac.
Acupuncture Orthopedics Essentials: 40 hours
- Principles and best practices for orthopedic history-taking, physical exam, diagnosis, and treatment
Spine and Extremities: 120 hours
- History-taking, physical exam, pattern recognition, orthopedic diagnosis, and treatment planning for neuromusculoskeletal pain, injuries and disabilities of the head, neck, back, arms, and legs
- Applications of classical and modern acupuncture/dry needling, trigger point needling, electroacupuncture, cupping, gua sha, tui na, and other modalities to orthopedic conditions
- Didactic + hands-on labs (COVID safety permitting)
- Classical and modern treatment modalities for muscles, tendons, ligaments and joints along the jing-jin
Science of Pain and Acupuncture: 14 hours (distance-learning CEUs/PDAs pending)
- Anatomy, physiology, and applications of clinical research to the treatment of complex and chronic pain conditions
Practice and Risk Management: 26 Hours
- Building referral relationships and working in multi-disciplinary medical settings through development of professional and practice management skills and abilities, including:
- Recognizing and Managing Serious/Urgent Medical Conditions
- Professional Ethics and Risk Management
- Medical Documentation and Report-Writing
- Live weekend in-person and webinar modules allow selective, self-paced learning. Start any time!
- Didactic classes regarding the Spine and Extremities are followed by review and practicum labs for enhanced retention and application of material.
- Distance-learning/self-study courses available for select topics.
- On-line Case Study and Mentorship Clinic meetings and interactive E-books and videos, and other training materials offer help with difficult cases and practice management issues, and support on-going self-directed and peer-to-peer learning.
- And the most comprehensive curriculum in acupuncture orthopedics anywhere!