I am delighted and honored to have been invited to teach the next 2-year (2017-2018) continuing education and certification series in Integrative Acupuncture Orthopedics (IAO), as part of the Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (DAOM) being offered beginning January 2017 by the Academy of Chinese Culture and Health Sciences (ACCHS) in Oakland. If you are […]Read More
Acupuncture Training - Anthony Von der Muhll on Treating the Shoulder
News & Updates
The early registration discount ends Thursday, 6-30 for Module 12: Treating Pain with Herbs, Supplements, and Dietetics: An Evidence-Based, East-West Approach, July 30, 2016, Saturday 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. (8 CEUs) at 200 Seventh Ave. in Santa Cruz. Guest Instructors Ben Zappin L.A.c and Ingrid Bauer, M.D. are also teachers with the Sylvan Institute of Botanical […]Read More
Continuing Education in Integrative Acupuncture Orthopedics
Classes are modular--take one, or start the program at any time!
Hands-on, practical and advanced clinical training to help you survive and thrive in today's competitive acupuncture and integrative medicine environment!
- Evaluation and diagnosis of injuries and pain conditions of the spine and extremities.
- Integrative East-West treatment with traditional and modern acupuncture/dry needling, trigger point needling, electro-acupuncture, cupping, gua sha, tui na, and other modalities.
- Treatment of chronic/systemic pain and inflammation and related mood, sleep, and weight disorders with herbal, dietary, acupuncture and exercise therapies.
- Recognition and management of urgent/serious medical conditions.
- Building referral relationships and working in multi-disciplinary medical settings through development of professional and practice management skills and abilities.
- Weekend modules allow for selective and self-paced learning. Start at any time!
- Hands-on seminars are followed by review and practicum modules for enhanced retention and application of material.
- On-line discussion forums and training materials for help with difficult cases and practice management issues, and support self-directed and peer-to-peer learning.
Certification in Integrative Acupuncture Orthopedics
Certification available upon completion of:
- 250 didactic and practical classes
- 50 clinical observation hours
- Case reporting requirements
- Passage of certification exam
Head Instructor Anthony Von der Muhll L.Ac., DNBAO, FAAPM
Anthony Von der Muhll, L.Ac., DNBAO, FAAPM specializes in sports injuries and orthopedic and pain conditions. He was Licensed as an Acupuncturist in 2003, and was the first graduate of Five Branches University’s’ Integrative Sports Medicine program. He has served as a Clinical Instructor and Associate Professor at the Five Branches since 2005. He is also a Diplomate of the National Board of Acupuncture Orthopedics, a Fellow of the American Academy of Pain Management, and certified as a Personal Trainer through the American College of Sports Medicine. He has over 14 years of clinical experience as a sports massage therapist, physical therapy aide, athletic training assistant, and licensed acupuncturist in multi-disciplinary clinics, including SpineMed Associates and the PRIME Pain Medicine Institute. He has also served as an Expert Witness for the California Acupuncture Board (CAB) and in civil malpractice litigation. He is approved by the CAB as a provider for Continuing Education (Provider #1225). Guest Instructors Ben Zappin, L.Ac, Ingrid Bauer, M.D., and Jonah Hershowtiz, L.Ac. co-teach special topics.