is the founder and head instructor at AOM Professional. He also founded the Santa Cruz Acupuncture Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Clinic in 2003. In 2020, Anthony relocated to the East San Francisco Bay, where he now practices at the Sports Acupuncture Clinic/Berkeley Bamboo Clinic operated by his wife, Tamara Brown, L.Ac., DACM. Anthony Von der Muhll specializes in sports injuries and orthopedic and pain conditions. His education, training and clinical experience includes:
- Clinical practice since 2003 as a licensed acupuncturist, and since 1998 as a sports massage therapist, physical therapy aide, and athletic training assistant.
- Clinical practice multi-disciplinary integrative medicine clinics, including SpineMed Associates and the PRIME Pain Medicine Institute.
- California Acupuncture License 9132 (2003)
- Masters in Traditional Chinese Medicine (2002), and first graduate of Five Branches University of TCM's Integrative Sports Medicine program (2003)
- Doctorate in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (Orthopedics and Pain Management specialization), Academy of Chinese Culture and Health Sciences (2021)
- Clinical Supervisor and Associate Professor at Five Branches University of TCM since 2005 (MTCM and DACM programs)
- Doctoral Clinical Supervisor and Academic Instructor at the Academy of Chinese Culture and Health Sciences since 2017
- Doctoral Instructor at the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine since 2019
- Doctoral Instructor at Virginia University of Integrative Medicine (2020)
- Certificates in Sports Massage and Acupressure (1998)
- Diplomate of the National Board of Acupuncture Orthopedics (2006)
- Certified Personal Trainer through the American College of Sports Medicine (2006)
- Fellow of the Academy of Integrative Pain Management (2014)
- Certified Myofascial Trigger Point Therapist (trigger point needling), Myopain Seminars (2017)
- Subject Matter Expert for the California Acupuncture Board (CAB)
- Expert Witness in civil malpractice litigation and complaints to regulatory boards and insurers.
He is approved by the California Acupuncture Board as a provider for Continuing Education (Provider #1225).
Guest Instructors will be announced as they are confirmed for special topics.