for Better Care, Reimbursement, Referral-building, and Malpractice Defense
Saturday, January 12, 2019, 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. (8 CEUs pending) at ACCHS, 1600 Broadway, Oakland
Not able to attend on this date? Please let us know of your interest in a distance-learning class.
Course Goals and Content:
Professional medical charting and reports are vital for:
- Improving outcomes and learning from your patients
- Supporting insurance reimbursement, surviving insurance audits and records requests
- Building referral relationships and improving coordination of care with other medical professionals
- Defense in cases of malpractice and complaints to regulatory agencies
- Making it safe, effective, and practical.
- Ways to learn and hone charting skills
- Paper vs. electronic health records systems: comparisons
- Pros and cons of templates, checklists, and narratives
- Custodianship and transfer of patient records
- Essential contents of a SOAP notes and HPIs: essential and appropriate contents and terminology
Features instructor-lead peer review/feedback regarding student chart notes.
The topics in this class are continued on Sunday, January 13, 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., with Report-Writing for Managed Care: HMO, Personal Injury, and Workers Compensation
Take both classes for -10% off each.
Student Ratings and Comments
from evaluation from prior live class offering in 2016, as required by California Acupuncture Board
Respondents: 13 of 17 enrolled
Average rating: 99/100
- “Anthony as always is superbly professional, knowledgeable, and encouraging improvements in clinical practice. Thank you!” --Anonymous
- “All of your classes have been instrumental in my ability to improve patient care–but it could be a 2-day course to cover more. Thank you!” –Jennifer Root, L.Ac.
- “I always enjoy Anthony’s classes, very helpful info.” --Anonymous