has been added to your cart!
First time user? Your account will be automatically be created after purchase. Please note:
--Webinars require continuous attendance on the date(s) offered to receive PDAs/CEUs. If you cannot attend, please consider a self-paced distance-learning version instead, if available, or another class that you will be able to attend.
--Ebooks are included with class purchase--please do not purchase both. When purchased separately, Ebooks are for informational purposes only--no PDAs/CEUs.
Questions? Please visit our FAQ page. Thank you for your purchase!
- Learn at your own pace: 1 year from purchase date to complete quiz and obtain your CEU certificate.
- Questions regarding class notes? Post them, and instructor will be notified and will reply.
- This course builds on Medical Documentation: Essential Best Practices, which is highly recommended as a pre-requisite.
Course Goals and Content
Professional medical reporting skills are vital for treatment re-authorization, reimbursement, and referrals in managed care.
Best practices for the particular requirements of managed care and other special reporting situations, including:
- Initial and follow-up evaluations: how to present outcomes to support re-imbursement and treatment re-authorization requests.
- Workers Compensation: initial and progress reports (California PR2s).
- Special reporting for homicidal patients, patient abuse/neglect, infectious diseases, driver incompetence, and first report of work-related injuries.
Class Notes/E-book contains:
- Examples of standardized, research-validated questionnaires for reporting of subjectively-perceived functional capacity deficits for common conditions.
- Sample reporting forms for objectively-measured functional capacity deficits for the spine and extremities.
- Tables and charts comparing electronic health records systems for managed care reporting.
- Sample initial and follow-up reports for managed care insurance.
Student feedback from prior offerings as a live workshop:
- “Anthony as always is superbly professional, knowledgeable, and encouraging improvements in clinical practice. Thank you!” --Anonymous
- “All of your classes have been instrumental in my ability to improve patient care–but it could be a 2-day course to cover more. Thank you!” –Jennifer Root, L.Ac.
- “I always enjoy Anthony’s classes, very helpful info.” --Anonymous