Next Meeting: Monday December 4, 10:00 am - 1:00 pm Pacific Time
has been added to your cart!
First time user? Your account will be automatically be created after purchase. Please note:
--Webinars require continuous attendance on the date(s) offered to receive PDAs/CEUs. If you cannot attend, please consider a self-paced distance-learning version instead, if available, or another class that you will be able to attend.
--Ebooks are included with class purchase--please do not purchase both. When purchased separately, Ebooks are for informational purposes only--no PDAs/CEUs.
Questions? Please visit our FAQ page. Thank you for your purchase!
3 Live NCCAOM PDAs approved
- On-Line: 3rd Mondays, 10 am-1 pm Pacific Time: January 15, February 19, March 18, April 15, 2024.
- In-person: Charlottesville, Virginia: TBD. Please contact us for more information and to register.
How does it work?
- Open to all practitioners of acupuncture, regardless of background, license type or experience (students may apply by furnishing evidence of enrollment in an accredited Masters or Doctorate degree-granting program in acupuncture)
- The instructor will invite 3-6 participants per meeting, on a first-come-first serve basis, to present their cases
- No advance submission of written reports required, but please be prepared to present cases organized in SOAP format (Subjective, Objective, Assessment, Plan), along with your priority questions
- The instructor will lead and moderate peer review, discussion, and advice
- Participants share knowledge and experience -- learn from, and network with other acupuncturists
21 hours (7 x 3-hour meetings*) required for Certification in Acupuncture Orthopedics
When COVID Shelter-in-Place orders were first issued in March, 2020, the DAOM program where I was serving as an Clinic Supervisor was faced with the problem of how to deliver quality educational and training of hands-on material via on-line meetings. We soon found a surprising benefit: by switching from passive observation of instructor demonstration to active discussion of students' cases from their own clinics, participants found they gained at least as much if not more from on-line meetings--so much so, that many asked the school to continue the case study and mentorship format, even after the clinic re-opened for in-person observation! This is the inspiration to add on-line Case Consultation and Clinical Support meetings to the Certification program.
Video recording from prior meeting.