- Do you know what the new CNT manual requires for sterilizing cups and gua sha spoons?
- Do you know what social media marketing techniques are legal vs. illegal, as well as what terms to avoid using on your website?
- Do you know how to avoid triggering insurance audits for suspected over-billing?
- Do you know what constitutes "patient abandonment" that could lead to suspension of your license?
- Can you recognize "high-risk" patients, and what would you do/not do if you were concerned someone was going to file a malpractice suit against you?
If you're unsure, this class is for you!
I’ll be lending my experience as an Expert Witness in malpractice litigation, complaints to regulatory boards, and insurance audits to help you manage risks while supporting sustainable growth. We will review safe practices for marketing, insurance billing, and referral-building, clinical treatment and practice management, as well as the new Clean Needle Technique Manual.
--Anthony Von der Muhll, L.Ac., DNBAO, FAIPM, Instructor
Course Goals and Content:
Professional ethics and risk management are vital for:
- Preventing ethical entanglements and conflicts with patients that can lead to bad will, negative reviews, complaints to licensing boards, and malpractice allegations
- Preventing costly insurance audits
- For their own sake--sleep well knowing you're upholding professional standards of care.
- Informed consent and documentation: essential risk management strategies
- Recognizing and managing high-risk patients
- Review of "gray areas" in scope of practice
- Truth in advertising: representation of title, training, prognosis, outcomes
- Fiduciary duties: fee setting, splitting, discounts, insurance billing, product sales
- Preventing allegations of patient abandonment
- Review of critical recommendations of the Clean Needle Technique Manual, 7th ed.
- If you took the CNT certification exam prior to 2015, reviewing the 7th ed. of the CNT Manual is critical, as there have been many significant changes that have re-shaped standards of care and essential risk management strategies for the profession. Knowing and following the guidelines of the CNT Manual, 7th ed. minimizes risks for your and your patients!