Course Goals and Content:
Professional medical charting and reports are vital for:
- Improving outcomes and learning from your patients
- Supporting insurance reimbursement
- Building referral relationships and improving coordination of care with other medical professionals
- Malpractice defense
- Making it safe, effective, and practical.
- Ways to learn and hone charting skills
- Paper and electronic health records systems: comparisons
- Pros and cons of templates, checklists, and narratives
- Custodianship and transfer of patient records
- Essential contents of a SOAP notes and HPIs: appropriate vs. inappropriate contents and terminology
- Special reporting requirements for homicidal patients, patient abuse/neglect, infectious diseases, driver incompetence, and work-related injuries.
This unique class will feature instructor-lead peer review/feedback regarding student chart notes!
Student Ratings and Comments
from evaluation from a prior live class offering in 2016, as required by California Acupuncture Board
Respondents: 13 of 17 enrolled
Average rating: 99/100
- “Anthony as always is superbly professional, knowledgeable, and encouraging improvements in clinical practice. Thank you!”
- “All of your classes have been instrumental in my ability to improve patient care–but it could be a 2-day course to cover more. Thank you!” –Jennifer Root, L.Ac.
- “I always enjoy Anthony’s classes, very helpful info.”