Course Goals and Content:
Have you ever wanted to receive peer review of a particularly challenging case from your clinic? Or to observe or participate in discussion of how other acupuncturists diagnose and treat difficult conditions? The Case Presentation Conference is an opportunity for acupuncturists to simultaneously:
- Hone case presentation and discussion skills, an essential ability for professional networking, building referral relationships, and practicing in integrative clinics;
- Receive constructive feedback on physical exam, diagnosis and treatment from fellow acupuncturists and IAPM Head Instructor Anthony Von der Muhll;
- Learn from observing and participating in peer discussion of fellow acupuncturists’ case presentations.
18 Cases of Neuro-musculoskeletal Injuries and Pain
will be presented and discussed, and treatment will be performed, by the students themselves in a clinical theater setting, followed by peer discussion, covering:
- Cervicogenic and tension headaches
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Elbow, forearm, wrist and hand pain
- Lumbo-sacral, hip and buttock pain
- Thigh and knee pain
- Calf, ankle and foot pain
Demonstration Treatment and Documentation
For each case, review and discussion will include:
- Case management and AOM treatment plans, including rationales and recommended frequency and duration, risks and potential side-effects, and prognosis.
- Best practices for treatment with AOM modalities, including acupuncture/ electro-acupuncture, manual therapies including tui na and gua sha, suction cupping, and exercise therapy.
- Alternatives to AOM modalities, including referral to physician care for serious/urgent medical conditions, if present.
- Prevention and management of any adverse effects from AOM treatment.
- Documentation of history, physical examination, and treatment plans, including informed consent and discussion of any alternatives and referrals, and performance of procedures.
$269.10 if paid before October 12
$299 after October 12
-5% for 1st-year licensees
-10% for pre-licensed students
¹Approved by California Acupuncture Board for Licensed Acupuncturists.