The gold standard in acupuncture and oriental medical treatment of
sports, orthopedic and neuro-musculoskeletal injuries and pain conditions.
- Completion of 250 class hours in Integrative Acupuncture Orthopedics:
- Required "live/hands-on" classes: Assessment, Diagnosis and Treatment: 175 hours.
- Complementary studies: total of didactic 75 hours, may be fulfilled through live and on-line electives.
- Clinical observation: 50 hours. (CEUs not available, arranged by participant, not instructor). The following hours of clinical practice and/or case conferences observing allied, mid-level or doctorate-level health professionals are required per specialty:
- Physiatry or Pain Medicine: 10
- Acupuncture specialty in orthopedics or physical, sports or pain medicine: 10
- Physical Therapy: 10
- Orthopedics, Podiatry, Neurology, Osteopathic, or Chiropractic: 5
- Surgery, Urgent/Emergency Care, or Family, Pediatric or Geriatric Medicine: 5
- Radiology: 5
- Case report. Presentation of one written physical medicine case.
- Passage of written and practical exam. (CEUs not available). To sit for the exam, students must have met all class and clinical observation hours including the case presentation, as described above. Non-refundable examination fee of $100 is not included in program tuition, and is due by the day of the exam.
Continuing education to maintain certification: 8 hours/year in acupuncture orthopedics, sports, pain management or physical rehabilitation medicine. (Courses from other providers may be accepted based on review of course content and learning objectives.)
What happens if I can't take or I miss a class? Can I get credit for distance learning, or will there be make-up modules?
- Audio-visual recordings of all classes are available to those that have registered for the class, at no extra charge.
- Due to the hands-on and participatory requirements of the required classes in Assessment, Diagnosis and Treatment, CAB Continuing Education Units and IAO Certification Program credit is only available for in-person attendance.
- Refunds will only be issued for requests received in writing more than 14 days in advance of the class date. For details of enrollment and refund policies, please see our Class Schedule and Registration form.
For more information, please contact us at: